Installing Channels DVR Server to your Nvidia SHIELD requires that you sideload Channels DVR Server.
Sideloading to your Nvidia SHIELD only takes a few steps:
- Install the Channels app from the Google Play Store.
- Install Channels DVR Server from the Channels app.
- Run the Channels DVR Server app and set it up or restore your last backup.
Install the Channels app from the Google Play Store.
The first thing you need to do is install the Channels app from the Google Play Store.
Channels: Whole Home DVR on the Google Play Store and install it.
Install Channels DVR Server from the Channels App.
- From your Home screen, open the Channels app that was just installed.
- Click Help > Install Channels DVR Server to install Channels DVR Server.
- Android will ask you to approve the ability to install unknown apps. Follow the instructions and allow it.
- Click Help > Install Channels DVR Server again to install Channels DVR Server.
- Android will ask again if you want to install it. Confirm by selecting
- There is no progress bar while it installs, so give it time as it installs the latest version of the server and installs it.
Run the Channels DVR Server App
Once you have installed the Channels DVR Server app, you need to launch it, start it, and optionally restore your last backup.
- Open the Channels DVR Server app from your Home screen
- Allow it to access photos, media, and files on your device
Setting Up for the First Time
If you are setting up Channels DVR Server for the first time, visit
http://IP_ADDRESS_OF_YOUR_SHIELD:8089/ in a browser on another device to complete the set up of Channels DVR Server.
Your Channels DVR Server should be set up and ready to work again.
Restoring Your Last Backup
If you are restoring from an old install of Channels DVR Server, visit
http://IP_ADDRESS_OF_YOUR_SHIELD:8089/restore in a browser on another device to restore the last backup.
Your Channels DVR Server should now be restored and ready to use.
Note: You can find the IP address of your Nvidia SHIELD by visiting Settings > Network & Internet.