Installing Channels DVR Server to your Nvidia SHIELD requires that you sideload Channels DVR Server.
Sideloading to your Nvidia SHIELD only takes a few steps:
- Install the Downloader app
- Enter 565284 or aftv.news/565284
- Run the Channels DVR Server app and set it up or restore your last backup.
Run the Channels DVR Server App
Once you have installed the Channels DVR Server app, you need to launch it, start it, and optionally restore your last backup.
- Open the Channels DVR Server app from your Home screen
- Allow it to access photos, media, and files on your device
Setting Up for the First Time
If you are setting up Channels DVR Server for the first time, visit
http://IP_ADDRESS_OF_YOUR_SHIELD:8089/ in a browser on another device to complete the set up of Channels DVR Server.
Your Channels DVR Server should be set up and ready to work again.
Restoring Your Last Backup
If you are restoring from an old install of Channels DVR Server, visit
http://IP_ADDRESS_OF_YOUR_SHIELD:8089/restore in a browser on another device to restore the last backup.
Your Channels DVR Server should now be restored and ready to use.
Note: You can find the IP address of your Nvidia SHIELD by visiting Settings > Network & Internet.