Channels DVR Server is a desktop application that runs in the background on your computer. It can be installed on a Mac, PC, or NAS device.
Note: Browse which devices Channels DVR Server can be installed on.
- 1GHz CPU (64-bit Intel, or 32-bit/64-bit ARM)
- 512MB RAM
- Large HDD for storing recordings
- HDTV is on average ~8GB per hour
- Intel CPU with Quick Sync for hardware transcoding
- 1GB RAM
- 2TB HDD for storing over 250 hours of recordings
The computer running your Channels DVR Server must always be on.
Channels uses Channels DVR Server to provide your DVR features. Without access to your Channels DVR Server, none of the advanced features can work.